"Opposition to rezoning of Parcel 9749402351 in White Cross/No Dollar Store!"

Darla Elkins

Mar 30, 2023, 5:20:24 PM3/30/23
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov

Dear Board of Orange County Commissioners,

Please consider not rezoning Parcel 9749402351 in White Cross for commercial use. I've lived in the White Cross Community now for 14 years, and one of the many things that I appreciate about this area is the small-town feel of the Mom-n-Pop businesses of the community. We support the Bravo Market weekly as well as Fiesta Grill. The intersection is already a nuisance and very tricky to maneuver, especially during rush hour out of Carrboro/Chapel Hill area to Graham. We feel something as large as a dollar store would remove the charm of the area as well as raise crime rates of the community we live in. There are many dollar stores close by in any direction you choose to go from here, and one in our area would be detrimental to White Cross as we know it.

Many thanks for your consideration,
Darla Elkins