Fwd: Bond proposal and Morris Grove Elementary

J Barham

Jun 25, 2024, 10:08:09 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov

From: J Barham <jbarh...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 10:05 AM
To: <mayoran...@townofchapelhill.org>

From: J Barham <jbarh...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 10:03 AM
To: <bmfo...@carrboronc.gov>

Jun 25, 2024, 4:01:55 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to J Barham, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK
Hi Jill,

I have a similar story to yours. When we moved here in 1992 with our daughter with autism and two other sons, the district was holding a space for her in a self-contained classroom at Ephesus. We finally found a home in Ephesus' school district because we wanted all of our children in the same school with the neighbor kids. And, the students did support Shannon through elementary school. Of course the district could have moved the self-contained classes any year though they try to do so infrequently.

Anyway, I just read today's WCHL/Chapelboro  story about the various options the school board is considering which reports that the school board is considering input like yours very seriously.  https://chapelboro.com/news/pre-k-12-education/chccs-board-narrows-school-replacement-renovation-preferences-for-bond-funding   The school board will have additional work to review before bringing an updated plan to the BOCC.

Sincerely,

Jamezetta Bedford, BOCC Chair