Fiddlehead Corner rezoning

Galen Kirkpatrick

Jul 13, 2024, 2:34:27 PM (14 days ago) Jul 13
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov, Jbed...@orangecountync.gov, sgr...@orangecountync.gov, afo...@orangecountync.gov, jham...@orangecountync.gov, emc...@orangecountync.gov, pportie...@orangecountync.gov, aric...@orangecountync.gov
Dear Orange County Commissioners,

I'm an Orange County resident (and native) and a current member of the Carrboro Planning Board, and I want to write to you in support of the proposed Fiddlehead Corner project on Morrow Mill Road that recently came before the Orange County Planning Board. I am not associated with the project at all, but I've known some of the people involved with it for decades, and I know they'll be kind, courteous, and respectful neighbors and good stewards of the land. As a Carrboro Planning Board member, I am well aware of the pressures you face in weighing proposed rezonings, and I understand that some residents are concerned that moving forward with this project would open the door to large-scale development in rural parts of the county. My mother lives not far from there and I am sensitive to those concerns, but my sense is that that is not an issue in this case - this is not some developer building a subdivision, but a vibrant group of people, many of whom are longtime residents, coming together to live communally in a way that will benefit them and everyone around them. Again, I am not involved with the project, but as your constituent and someone who is active in local government, I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any concerns you might have. Please reach out - I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for all that you do for our community.

Sincerely,
Galen Kirkpatrick

Jamezetta Bedford

Jul 14, 2024, 6:36:19 AM (13 days ago) Jul 14
to Galen Kirkpatrick, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK, Sally Greene, Amy Fowler, Jean Hamilton, Earl McKee, Phyllis Portie-Ascott, Anna Richards
On behalf of the Board, thank you for your comments re the proposed Fiddlehead project.
And thanks for volunteering your time for Carrboro’s planning Bd.

Sincerely,

Jamezetta Bedford, Chair