NACo Information request— opioid settlement funds

Rachel Looker

Dec 2, 2022, 2:27:07 PM12/2/22
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov

Good afternoon,

My name is Rachel Looker and I’m reaching out with the National Association of Counties.

We are working to highlight best practices for how counties plan to spend funding from the national opioid settlement for a webpage on our site. I saw a local news article about Orange County commissioners creating a new opioid advisory committee using opioid settlement funds.

We are very interested in learning more about this committee and the county’s plans to use settlement funds. Would you have any other details or information you could share about the committee or another point of contact I can reach out to?

Thanks so much,
Rachel

--

Rachel Looker

National Association of Counties (NACo)

rlo...@naco.org|484-818-0959

660 North Capitol Street NW, Suite 400

Washington, D.C. 20001

Renee Price

Dec 2, 2022, 2:38:10 PM12/2/22
to Rachel Looker, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK, Bonnie Hammersley, Travis Myren

Rachel,

Indeed, Orange County has established an advisory committee to consider the distribution and use of the opioid settlement funds. Our county manager or deputy county manager are copied on this reply and one of them will provide you with a wealth of information about the composition of the committee, the charge, as well as the background of our local efforts to address the opioid crisis.

Many thanks for reaching out,

Renée

Renee A. Price, Commissioner/Chair
Board of County Commissioners