Preserve more than 50% of Greene Tract for recreation

David Bartholomew

Apr 7, 2021, 4:18:20 PM4/7/21
Good afternoon,

I am writing to express my urgent concern that Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and Orange County  are considering developing such a large percentage of the Greene  tract. Previous work with the community had indicated a strong desire for preservation of approximately 80% of the land.

Now we are hearing discussion of both affordable housing and market rate housing. This area has plenty of market rate housing and too  few areas for hiking, biking, and observing nature.

There is no reason to follow the environmental assessment outlining everything outside of the streams and the buffer areas around the streams. Please consider reserving a larger percentage of the area for recreation.

Thank you,
David Bartholomew