Salvage Shed Closing on Sundays???

Mark Smith

Jun 23, 2024, 1:48:46 PM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov
Hello,

I was just made aware of the new policy to close Salvage Sheds on Sunday. I respectfully request you reconsider this change.

As a regular visitor to the Eubanks Waste & Recycling Center, and a frequent donator to their Salvage Shed, I know Sundays are one of the highest activity days of the week.

Twelve years ago we moved from Wake County to Orange County in large part due to Orange County's forward-thinking progressive stance on waste/recycling and environmental issues. This decision runs counter to that.

Thank you,
Mark Smith
110 Autumn Lane
Chapel Hill, NC

Jamezetta Bedford

Jun 25, 2024, 4:07:29 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Mark Smith, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK
Mr. Smith,

On behalf of the Board, the Solid Waste Department is going to move the cleaning and sanitizing day for the shed from Sunday to Wednesday.  The move will increase our employee costs slightly, but the moving to Wednesday should enable more residents to recycle during the weekend. Announcements will go out soon for the change date.

Sincerely,

Jamezetta Bedford, Chair