road hazards

thomas kash

Jul 24, 2024, 11:17:16 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov
Hello

My name is Tom Kash, I am a resident of Orange County at 741 Erwin Rd.  Across the street from me, yesterday, there was a car accident where a car drove off the road in to a stream and a gully. This happens with some frequency, as New Hope Creek Volunteer FD can attest to. I wanted to reach out and see what the process is to get a guard rail installed here. This has relatively minimal impact on me, as I live here and drive safely down the road, but this is a noted problem area that needs to be addressed. Please let me know how I might be able to help move this along to a reality.

thanks

Tom

Travis Myren

Jul 24, 2024, 12:33:58 PM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to thomas kash, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK, Nishith Trivedi

Mr. Kash,

The North Carolina Department of Transportation would be responsible for installing a guard rail.  I have asked our Transportation Director (Nish Trevedi) to make the appropriate connections to advance your request.

Thank you.

Travis

Travis Myren

County Manager

O:  919-245-2308  M:  608-345-1526

tmy...@orangecountync.gov

Nishith Trivedi

Jul 24, 2024, 1:39:32 PM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to thomas kash, Travis Myren, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK

I reached out to Brian Thomas and Chuck Edwards with NCDOT and requested they help address this administratively. I will follow up as soon as I hear back from them.

Sincerely,

Nishith Trivedi

Transportation Director

Orange County Transportation Services

600 NC-86

Hillsborough, NC 27278

Phone: (919) 245-2007

Cell: (919)530-0039

http://www.orangecountync.gov

ntri...@orangecountync.gov

Logo 2014- Color White Back

Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 132, correspondence sent and received from this account is a public record and may be disclosed to third parties.