Rezoning for new proposed West Triangle High School

ting nie

Mar 29, 2023, 4:36:40 PM3/29/23
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov, ma...@notify.onecallnow.com
Dear Town Officials,

As a parent of a charter school student, I am writing to request that the town consider re-zoning Lawrence Road, here in Hillsborough to allow for the opening of an innovative charter school: West Triangle High School.  I believe that this new school would provide a valuable educational opportunity for students in our community.

The proposed charter school has an innovative model that focuses on diverse learners, including STEM and project-based learning, a year-round school schedule, personalized learning plans, smaller classroom sizes, and social-emotional learning. As a parent, I am excited about the potential of this program to provide my child with a high-quality education in a supportive environment.

STEM-based programs are becoming increasingly important in today's world, and I believe that this school would give our children a competitive advantage in the job market. The proposed charter school has an innovative model that focuses on STEM and project-based learning, a year-round school schedule, personalized learning plans, smaller classroom sizes, and social-emotional learning. As a parent, I am excited about the potential of this program to provide my child with a strong foundation in STEM subjects.

In addition to providing a unique educational opportunity, this school would also help address the issue of overcrowding at other local high schools. By providing additional space for high schoolers, we can reduce overcrowding without putting a financial burden on the local school district.

I understand that the current zoning regulations do not permit the use of West Triangle High School in this area. However, I believe that the benefits of this school for our community are significant, and I hope that the town will consider re-zoning the property to allow for its opening.

Sincerely,

Ting Nie
Resident of Hillsborough