Are all Orange County government facilities now open to the public and operational at the pre-2020 levels?

Dale Hodson

Jun 2, 2021, 5:18:02 PM6/2/21
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov
Commissioners,

1 - Are all Orange County government facilities now open to the public and operational at the pre-2020 levels?
2 - If not, why are these facilities not all open?
3 - If not, what are the objective, measurable criteria that must be met for all Orange County facilities to open?
4 - What happens if your criteria are never met in Orange County?

Thank you,

Dale Hodson
Chapel Hill, NC

Dale Hodson

Jun 7, 2021, 10:43:02 PM6/7/21
to Orange County Board of Commissioners
Commissioners, I haven't gotten any response to my earlier email. Please respond to my questions below regarding reopening in this post-Covid period...

Subject:
Are all Orange County government facilities now open to the public and operational at the pre-2020 levels?
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 21:17:54 +0000
To: ocb...@orangecountync.gov <ocb...@orangecountync.gov>

Bonnie Hammersley

Jun 8, 2021, 9:14:13 AM6/8/21
to Dale Hodson, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK

Dear Mr. Hodson,

Thank you for the email.  I have received a number of emails requesting information on the opening of the Orange County facilities that are not fully open at this time.  The Department Directors are in the process of developing the re-opening plans that focus on keeping residents and employees safe.  The Orange County Health Department will review all county department plans prior to implementation.  Once the plans are approved the County will begin the re-opening process and the information will be shared with the public.  If there is  need for access to a specific facility, please let  me know and I will connect you with the Department Director.   If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bonnie B. Hammersley

Orange County Manager

Whitted Building

300 W Tryon Street

P.O. Box 8181

Hillsborough, NC 27278

(O) 919-245-2306

(M) 608-216-4584

Todd McGee

Jun 8, 2021, 9:48:57 AM6/8/21
to Dale Hodson, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK

Mr. Hodson,

Thank you for your email. Orange County departments are working on reopening plans. Our priority is to protect our employees and the public, and the plans will include safety measures to achieve that goal.

Our public safety departments have continued to serve the public throughout the pandemic. Other departments have resumed offering limited in-person services.

More of our discretionary programs will gradually re-open over the summer. Please visit our website or follow us on social media as we will post the information on which services are available to the public as those plans are approved by the Health Department.

Todd McGee

Orange County Community Relations Director

(919) 245-2302 (office)

(984) 220-5412 (cell)