brightspeed outage

Beth Seigler

Sep 27, 2023, 4:02:32 PM9/27/23
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov
Hello,
The phone service in our neighborhood has been out for almost 2 weeks: no phone, no 911, no internet. Brightspeed seems uninterested in fixing the outage (caused by Lumos laying conduit along New Sharon Church Rd).
My neighbors and I have called, chatted, texted with them. I filed a complaint with the FCC today. Do you have any suggestions on how to get them motivated to repair their phone line?
Thank you,
Beth Seigler

Todd McGee

Sep 27, 2023, 4:11:43 PM9/27/23
to Beth Seigler, ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK

Beth,

Thank you for your email, and I’m sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. We are aware of the problem in your area. I have contacted their local government affairs director for the state to let him know what is happening.

Todd McGee

Orange County Community Relations Director

(919) 245-2302 (office)

(984) 220-5412 (cell)