CareYaya, start-up for caregiver relief

Sally Greene

Nov 17, 2022, 10:06:14 AM11/17/22
to ALL_BOCC_MANAGER_CLERK
I promised my BOCC colleagues that I would share this information, from Tuesday’s meeting of the regional Advisory Council on Aging—easy to share with bigger list. CareYaya is a start-up getting its legs on the ground at Launch Chapel Hill. It was the brainchild of a man who spent a lot of time caring for his aging grandparent, only to next have to turn around and care for his wife through her cancer. His aha moment was that there are undergraduates who are seriously considering careers in health care who would appreciate the experience of caregiving. So he is connecting these populations, and he and his team have great visions for expanding the network.

Of course, it kind of depends on a ready supply of young people, i.e. a college community, but I can’t be the only one who would have really appreciated having these workers available at a certain time in my life.

Sally Greene

Sent from my iPad