Whitted Burglar Alarm Upgrade

Allison Cooper

Dec 16, 2021, 10:35:44 AM12/16/21
to Building_Whitted_Office_Complex, AMservice

Good Morning Whitted,

AMS recently installed a new burglar alarm system at Whitted provided by a new vendor, ADT.   Effective 12/17, we will reactivate the burglar alarm to Whitted, which has been inactive during this transition.  This new system is very user-friendly and allows AMS staff to update employee alarm codes, arm/disarm the alarm, and schedule events remotely using are County laptops.   While the new system still has a keypad that staff can use to arm/disarm the system, it also gives staff the ability to arm/disarm the system via an app.

How does this affect you?

·         You will use your same alarm code—no changes there!

·         We encourage customers to use the App to arm or disarm instead of using the keypad in the facility. If you would like to use the App, please email AMSe...@orangecountync.gov.   App instructions are below.

·         We ask you to reach out if you currently do not have an alarm code and need one, with permission from your supervisor.

·         For those of you still using the keypad near the entrances, I have attached instructions on how to arm and disarm.

Thank you!

Allison Cooper

Administrative Officer

Orange County Asset Management Services