Charter School Advocate November 2022

NC Association for Public Charter Schools

Nov 15, 2022, 12:14:42 PM11/15/22
to ocb...@orangecountync.gov

NCAPCS is the largest charter school membership organization in North Carolina and the leading voice for our charter school community.

October 15, 2022

Charter School Advocate

Charter School Advocate

SAVE THE DATE

Save the date for the NCAPCS Annual Conference

July 9-11, 2023

Cherokee Tower in Cherokee, NC

What a Great Day at Pinewood Country Club!

Thank you to our Flag Sponsor

Thank you to our Beverage Cart Sponsor

Thank you to our hole sponsors:

EasySuite, Interior Elements, FSI Mechanical, Goodall Consulting, ComTech, Tate Architects, True IP Solutions, Hubrich Contracting, Gray Fundraising and WGU NC.

Thank you to our world class golfers from Uwharrie Charter, Interior Elements, School Insurance Advisors, Gray Fundraising, FSI Mechanical, Green Homes, The Insurance People, and Fulcrum Capital.

See everyone next year!

Shout Out

Congratulations to NCAPCS member, ArtSpace Charter School, on being selected by the state as a National ESEA Distinguished School for exceptional student achievement!  Located in Swannanoa, the designation follows the school's top 10 recognition based on student growth, then top scores in its educational portfolio and site visit.

Dr. Sarena Fuller, Executive Director, says, "I am so proud of our students and staff. This is a prestigious honor at any time, but especially after the challenges of a few 'pandemic years.'  Through all the ups and downs, ArtSpace prioritized connections and the importance of teaching the whole child.  As a result, our students are happy, learning, and growing- meeting or exceeding measures in every subgroup and subject area.  This success can be attributed to the strength of the learning community- our staff, students, families, and supporters.  We are grateful."

Mastering Leadership Dynamics Program

For NCAPCS Members Only:

Hello Charter Leader,

I would like to extend a special invitation for you to attend the Mastering Leadership Dynamics Program for principals (see below and attached).  This blended learning experience includes a Webex engagement, as well as a 4-day classroom workshop at the Truist Leadership Institute, located at 7807 Airport Center Drive, Greensboro, NC 27409.  There is no cost associated with the program (i.e. workshops, lodging, and meals are free).  Participants are only responsible for transportation to the Institute. Under the auspices of the Truist Leadership Institute, NCAPCS has been given 15 FREE slots.

This program is valued at $9,450 and has received rave reviews from past participants. Please contact me immediately if interested at rho...@ncpubliccharters.org.

Rhonda Dillingham

Executive Director, NCAPCS

RESOURCES

Terrific free offer to help more students succeed in Math

Sal Khan is making a wonderful, free offer to high school and college students as well as their families. He’s providing free online one-on-one tutoring in pre-algebra, algebra 1-2, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus and statistics. He’s also offering free tutoring about how to do well on the SAT college entrance test and Advanced Placement math and science tests.

A video about how to get started with Khan Academy is found here.

Dear NC Public Charter Members,

As we continue to see senseless violent tragedies in our nation’s schools, and we continue to see communities of all sorts fall victim to these tragedies, we must recognize that these events can and do happen anywhere. We must also recognize these events impact more than just those at the schools which are directly affected.

School safety is a shared responsibility and with our new partners in school safety, CrisisGo is here to help you do everything in your power to keep your schools and communities safe. I am attaching one of their flyers as a reminder of their services. If you need assistance, please reach out to them.

Learn more Here.

To schedule a virtual tour with bestselling authors Sofia Lapuente and Jarrod Shusterman reach out to Jarrod at jarrodshu...@gmail.com

WEBINARS AND EVENTS

Analysis of Election Results

Join the National Alliance for a post-election analysis of the results of the 2022 election and what it means for charter schools on Thursday, November 17, at 1 p.m. ET.  During the virtual briefing, our team will share how federal and state election outcomes will affect the growth and support of the charter school movement. Please join us!

The Charter School Law and Policy Symposium is an event you cannot afford to miss! Presented virtually, pick and choose between the 45-minute sessions that will make a difference in the successful management of your public charter school.

We will cover everything from Exceptional Children law, HR issues, school finance and fiscal policy to employment law, effective board governance, and student discipline. Esteemed presenters include Lisa Gordon-Stella (The Law Office of Lisa Gordon-Stella), Gil Middlebrooks (Middlebrooks Law), Tom Miller (Leaders Building Leaders), Shirley McFadden (DPI School Business Office), and Shawn Straub (ALT HR). Our lunchtime keynote speaker will be NC State Board of Education attorney Allison Schaeffer, who will share “Stories from the Field.”

Hold your spot by registering now. NCAPCS members are invited to participate in the Symposium AT NO COST. Non-member schools’ registration is $150.00.

January 31, 2023

9 AM-4 PM

GRANT AND FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES

We're Looking for New Innovative Schools
If you are designing a new innovative school launching in fall 2024, we want to hear from you.

NewSchools is now accepting applications to fund the design of K-12 public schools — both district and charter — that bring to life an expanded definition of student success. These schools help students develop a strong academic foundation along with the other mindsets, habits and skills necessary for success in life.

Caution! Reading this document will excite you about possibilities that MIGHT NOT
be in your school's best interest.

Before you start reading, decide which programs and services your school needs to
pilot or develop to make your mission come to life or to serve your students or
teachers. Then dive into this grant report and find that *just right* opportunity.

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES

Come work with NCAPCS

Come work with NCAPCS

NCAPCS is Growing and is adding a Communications Director position. Come be a part of this dynamic Association serving the charter schools of NC.

Send resumes to Rhonda Dillingham at rho...@ncpubliccharters.org

Find your next award-winning teacher or administrative superstar with our Job Board Email Blast

Our monthly job board emails reach hundreds of NCAPCS members, business partners, and job-seekers.  It's a great way to advertise to your next award-winning teacher or administrative superstar.

Simply post your job opening on the NCAPCS Job Board, and it will automatically be part of the next email blast. If you have questions reach out to Lisa Renn.

SUPPORT OUR NEW BUSINESS MEMBERS

At Education Elements we believe that schools grow when people grow. And so, we work alongside educators and leaders to design strategic approaches to complex questions. Our areas of expertise include school design, personalized learning, organizational strategy and strategic planning, leadership development, and data collection and analysis. We take the time to understand the unique challenges school leaders face, and then customize our approach. Over the last 10+ years we have worked with more than 1000 schools and districts across the country including many organizations in North Carolina. Access free resources and learn more about our approach to deliver sustainable results by visiting our website.

https://www.edelements.com

" Create A World Where Everyone Belongs!"

Founded in 2007, Move This World is the leading provider of interactive social emotional learning (SEL) experiences for PreK-12 students, educators, and families. Rooted in creative arts therapy and positive psychology, Move This World programs are evidence-based and designed for seamless delivery through multimedia experiences that spark movement, connection, and social emotional development. Move This World has already impacted the lives of over 3.5 million students across 45 states and 9 countries, building a stronger foundation for learning in schools and at home and empowering communities to navigate the rapidly-changing realities of our world.

https://www.movethisworld.com

BCHF is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to building bridges to new opportunities for those who need them most. From developing affordable housing for seniors and families, to helping design and support quality public charter schools, everything we do centers on our mission of building communities and rebuilding lives. With more than sixteen years of successful work with charter schools and a team of experienced educational professionals, BCHF is ready to help your community realize a vision of high-quality education. We help with charter applications and support existing schools, drawing on our expertise in special education, academic subject areas, governance, school operations, and assessment and data analysis. Please contact us at sklup...@buckeyehope.org for more information.

Please support our Corporate Leaders!

Thank you to our Corporate Leaders

Acadia Northstar

Alliance Education Services

Carolina Digital Phone

Charter School Capital

Charter Success Partners

D.A. Davidson

Easysuite

EdChoice

Emerge Consulting

ASCD

Bearman CPA

Equitable

FSI Mechanical

Highmark School Development

Hubrich Contracting

Innovare

Insurance People of NC

Kem Krest

KLR Partners LLC

Leaders Building Leaders

Legacy Impact Capital

Learning Ally

LINQ

LISC

Mobile Modular

Muter Construction

National Heritage Academies (NHA)

NC Flex

NC #T.E.A.C.H

Niche

Performance Charter School Development Pierce Insurance Agency

Piper Sandler

PNC

Prestige School Solutions

Raymond James

Resource Financial Services, Inc.

Schola

School Insurance Advisors a subsidary of Van Popering Insurance

Specialized Public Financing Inc.

Steve Joyner Consulting Services

Strawbridge Studios, Inc.

Talk Path Live

The Budd Group

True IP Solutions

Truist Securities

Van Popering Insurance

Ziegler

Please support our business members!  Visit our business member directory.

Image

North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools

P.O. Box 4877, Asheboro, NC 27204

(336) 669-9996

rho...@ncpubliccharters.org

North Carolina Association for Public Charter Schools P.O. Box 4877, Asheboro, North Carolina 27204, United States (336) 669-9996