Next PickITup Chinatown on Sunday, Feb 12

OCA-East Bay

Feb 3, 2017, 4:23:48 PM2/3/17
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
OCA Supporters,

In the midst of a lot of uncertainty and anxiety about what the future holds, we're proceeding with our PickITup Chinatown effort to get back to the grassroots.

The next PickITup Chinatown will be on Sunday, February 12th 11am to 2pm, the meetup location is T4, 1068 Webster.

Among others, we will be joined by by the 4th and 5th Grade Safety Patrol group from Cleveland Elementary School. If you're interested in partnering with OCA for a future PickITup or other projects, please contact Mike Moon (mm...@primeimageus.com) or Mike Lok (micha...@gmail.com)

We appreciate the involvement from community members of all ages that have supported these cleanups and have helped remove several pounds worth of trash and other waste out of Chinatown's streets, parks and schools.

PickITup Chinatown is part of a larger strategy to base-build so we can prepare and respond to the challenges and inequities impacting our API communities.

Much appreciation to the organizations that have been participating in PickITup Chinatown:
- Alameda High School LEOS
- Asian Americans for Community Outreach
- Asian Youth Services Committee
- Berkeley City College Lions Club
- BuildOn at Oakland High School
- Chinese Community United Methodist Church
As well as the individual supporters who dedicated their time.

Special thanks to the Moon Family (Michael, May and Gavin) who have taken time to coordinate this effort for several months, along with the sponsors:
- AllState/Francis Lan
- Metropolitan Bank
- PrimeImage Media Group
- T4