Mixer to kick off the MAAP program

OCA-East Bay

May 30, 2017, 3:00:02 AM5/30/17
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
Dear OCA members and supporters,

The OCA-San Francisco and East Bay Chapters will be launching OCA's Mentoring Asian American Professionals (MAAP) program this summer. Sponsored by UPS, OCA has offered MAAP across the country including 3 times in the Bay Area (twice in San Francisco, once in Oakland). This will be the fourth time.

There have been positive outcomes from the past MAAP programs in the Bay Area, including participants feeling more confident about their jobs/career paths, participants getting more active in the community in OCA or some other group, and most built networks that have led to partnerships or participants finding new jobs.

Hear from one of our alumni:

“The MAAP program was a great experience and went beyond my expectations by matching me with a great mentor. The workshops and activities really helped me, as a young professional, build up my career. The MAAP program helped me through some hard decisions about my professional career and opened my mind to different possibilities. I would recommend this program to my friends and co-workers.” - Eva Hom, 2012 MAAP Mentee

To close out Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, OCA is hosting a mixer for those to mix, mingle, learn more about MAAP and going involved with OCA.

Wednesday, May 31st, 6-8pm Bar Basic 510 Brannan

Facebook Event:

If you can't make it on Wednesday but would like to learn more about MAAP you can email us at ocaea...@gmail.com

MAAP (https://www.ocanational.org/maap/is a three month dialogue driven professional mentoring program for Asian Pacific Americans designed to explore the following professional development topics in 1:1 meetings as well as at network convenings and workshops: Networking, Communications & Negotiations, Collaborative Decision Making, and Leadership. This program will also culminate in development of a personal strategy plan. MAAP is free for OCA members, otherwise it costs $40.