OCA National Call on How to Respond to Hate Incidents

OCA-East Bay

Dec 19, 2016, 12:28:30 PM12/19/16
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
OCA members and supporters,

OCA would like to invite everyone to join  a call hosted on hate incidents this Tuesday, December 20th at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Please call-in to learn more about work that chapters are already doing around the country and what OCA National is doing to fight back against the recent string of hate-motivated incidents. We will also launch our aapihatecrimes.org website.

Bill Lann Lee, former Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, will open the call and a few chapters will talk about their work including DC, NY, and Sacramento. More info in the attached flyer.

In the coming months, OCA-East Bay will be meeting with organizations and leaders to see what resources or better lines of communication be developed locally. Unfortunately the Bay Area is not immune to such incidents.

The dial in number is 515-739-1292; Pin: 383109
Hate Incidents Call.png