Resolution of Inclusion at the Alameda County Supervisors Meeting on 6/6

1 view

OCA-East Bay

Jun 1, 2017, 8:52:39 PM6/1/17
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
Dear OCA members and supporters,

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month was a pretty good month for OCA-East Bay. Our board members have been out and about in the community trying to build partnerships.

This May, OCA-East Bay and the Asian Employees' Association at the Port of Oakland awarded the Frank Kiang Memorial Scholarship to a college bound senior.  The scholarship was dedicated in the memory of business leader Frank Kiang who was co-founder of OCA-East Bay and a Port Commissioner.

We also organized our SEVENTH PickITup Chinatown which has been making an impact in reducing large dump sites in the neighborhood.

And as OCA Chapters across the country have been getting Resolutions of Inclusion in remembrance of the Chinese Exclusion Act, OCA-East Bay was able to get resolutions from:
  • City of Alameda
  • City of Berkeley
  • City of Oakland
  • CIty of Union City

And among other jurisdictions in the works, Alameda County Supervisor Wilma Chan will be presenting a proclamation from the Board of Supervisors this coming Supervisors Meeting on June 6, at 11am if you can make it.

Administration Building, Board Chambers
1221 Oak Street
5th Floor Rm 512
Oakland , 94612

These resolutions are mainly symbolic but beyond symbols, OCA-East Bay looks forward to finding more ways to partner with these lawmakers on finding ways to empower API communities throughout the East Bay.

Thank you for your support!