Fwd: Re: OCA MAAP program - looking for a location

OCA-East Bay

Jun 12, 2017, 5:39:05 PM6/12/17
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
Tomorrow is a screening of Chinese Exclusion Act Documentary

A lesser known history of Chinese Americans is the organized push back against the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Law with more than 10,000 law suits against the Federal Government resulting in more than 20 Supreme Court cases.  These cases won for all Americans "equal protection under the law", birthright citizenship, right to a public education - contributions that changed America for the better and more important than providing labor for the railroad.   I will be at the following free public screening of this Ric Burns film.  Join me if you are free.

Special Chinatown Screening (w/ CCDC)
Date: Tuesday June 13, 2017
Time: 1pm
Location: The Great Star Theater | | 636 Jackson St SF, CA

The Chinese Exclusion Act trailers
https://youtu.be/pmdUC6BhrLg     33 minutes trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3YwtmZwpIY&feature=youtu.be 13 minutes trailer