Reminder about MAAP and an informal happy hour meetup on Tuesday at Mad Oak

1 view

OCA-East Bay

Jul 16, 2017, 11:56:45 AM7/16/17
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
Dear OCA members and supporters,

Reminder that the first convening for OCA's Bay Area Mentoring Asian American Professionals (MAAP) program is coming up and it's not too late to register.

If you're in the East Bay on Tuesday at 5pm, OCA-East Bay along with the Port of Oakland Asian Employees' Association at the Port of Oakland and the East Bay Municipal Utility District Asian Employees Group are having an informal meetup on Tuesday, 5pm at Mad Oak 135 12th St, Oakland. It's a few blocks away from Lake Merritt BART. Hope you'll join us.

Back to MAAP! Please register at: https://www.ocanational.org/maap-east-baysf

CONVENING DATES:
  • Orientation Meeting | July 19 | 6-9 PM
  • Midway Meeting | August 16 | 6-9 PM
  • Final Meeting | September 13 | 6-9 PM
Missing convenings is not a dealbreaker from participating, there are also one-on-one meetings you'd schedule with your mentor/mentee but the convenings cover topics to bring it all together that will be discussed as a group)

LOCATION:
233 Sansome St, Suite 400
San Francisco, 94104

Program Fee:
FREE for OCA Members and UPS Employees
$40 for non-OCA Members

The details are in the attached flyer but we also wanted to share a quote from one of our MAAP Alumni:

"The OCA MAAP program is an engaging and fun course which trains you for many social skills that you don't find in general academic courses.  I found the group sessions to be very informative with relevant topics for moving up in a company and changing jobs.  With the aid of the provided materials, the one-on-one sessions were instructional, focused and helped us to better understand each other.   I recommend the MAAP program to anyone who would like to grow professionally."

            Aaron F. H. Lum, PhD

Aaron is a Technical Assessment Manger at Technical Instruments. Aaron participated as a mentor twice in the 2012 cohort in San Francisco and the 2014 Cohort in Oakland and now serves on the OCA - Francisco Chapter Board.

Some MAAP participants have built some strong relationships that continue today. Some found professional opporutnities as a result of being in the program. Please spread the word to folks you think might be interested to participate as mentors or mentees. Space is limited.

If you have more questions about this year's MAAP program you can contact Lisa Vu  (lisa...@gmail.com) from OCA-San Francisco and Moria Wong (mwo...@horizon.csueastbay.edu) from OCA-East Bay.

With regards,
OCA-East Bay

Bay Area MAAP Flyer.pdf

OCA-East Bay

Jul 18, 2017, 12:50:52 PM7/18/17
to oca-east-b...@googlegroups.com
Due to scheduling conflicts the Mixer we mentioned was rescheduled to next Tuesday, July 25.

Also, MAAP program convenings will be happening at:

233 Sansome St, Suite 400
San Francisco, 94104

Sorry for the confusion.