July wind

nord_roi

Feb 4, 2018, 12:29:13 PM2/4/18
to OBX Beach LIfe
Hi Guys, I’m thinking about two weeks with kids and family in July. I know beg of july to mid could be very good if my memory is good. As we all know, wind is wind, but do you think two weeks from mid july is a bit to far in summer to have a higher chance of wind, waves? I do have slalom gear 7.8, so I do not need super windy days also since I would like to initiate kids. Also, is there a better location during those month for a sound front cottage. Thanks.

Bill Bell

Feb 4, 2018, 12:32:34 PM2/4/18
to OBX Beach LIfe
July can be very windy, but surf can be generally flat.  But all in all, it's pretty good all around!

On Feb 4, 2018 12:29 PM, "nord_roi" <nord...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Guys, I’m thinking about two weeks with kids and family in July. I know beg of july to mid could be very good if my memory is good. As we all know, wind is wind, but do you think two weeks from mid july is a bit to far in summer to have a higher chance of wind, waves? I do have slalom gear 7.8, so I do not need super windy days also since I would like to initiate kids. Also, is there a better location during those month for a sound front cottage. Thanks.

Nord Roi

Feb 4, 2018, 8:29:05 PM2/4/18
to obxbea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bill, it’s more a kid’s trip to get them into the sport, so I think that sounds good.
steeve