Public Meeting: community discussion about ourrelationship with the Woodstock Community Police Forum

Mark Neville

Mar 20, 2019, 10:52:33 AM3/20/19
to Friends of ONW (Google Group)

PUBLIC MEETING

Community Discussion

Relations with the SAPS in Observatory

28th March 2019 18h00 - 19h30 (sharp)

at the Observatory Community Centre NA Room (Rawson Lane opposite Spar)

A Community Police Forum (CPF) is a forum established in terms of section 19(1) of the SAPS. Act, Act 68 of 1995. It is made up of an elected group of people from a community (which may include civic structures, schools, places of worship, and NGOs) together with police representatives, who meet regularly to discuss safety problems in their community, and to ensure that the police respond to the community’s needs.

Observatory is Sector 1 of the Woodstock SAPS CPF. In 2017, Observatory’s formal civic structures disengaged from the Woodstock CPF.

Come along to this ‘town hall’ discussion:

·       to understand more about the role of the CPF

·       to understand why Observatory Sector 1 disengaged from the Woodstock CPF

·       to discuss whether to formalize our current role in the CPF.

Your opinion is important – take an active part in the safety and security of our community.

This is a joint initiative of the Observatory Civic Association and Observatory Neighbourhood Watch.

For more information contact Carolyn Neville  (car...@neville.za.net)