Fwd: Operation UnCapture the OCA - final details

Trevor Hughes

Nov 28, 2017, 7:20:39 AM11/28/17
to ilov...@googlegroups.com, ob...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Murray Hunter <muz.h...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:24 AM
Subject: Operation UnCapture the OCA - final details

Dear friends and neighbours.

Last update from me on Operation UnCapture the Civic:

1. In 24 hours, nearly 200 Obs residents have signed the letter
calling for fresh elections for our civic body. This is a great
result. BUT anything we can do to boost this number in the next few
hours will make a huge difference.
Send it around! —-> tinyurl.com/PetitionOCA-Residents

2. Remember, the OCA meeting is 6pm tonight at the Obs Community Hall.
This meeting is open to *everyone* in the community, not just paid-up
members of the OCA. However, only paid-up members will be able to vote
in the meeting. (To sign up as a member, get the membership form here
https://obs.org.za/need-know-sgm/ and send it, with proof of payment,
to o...@obs.org.za)

3. If you are already a member of the OCA: Arrive early if possible.
The process of registering/affirming people’s eligibility to vote is
still a bit unclear -> to be on the safe side, bring proof of
residence and ID book / driver’s license

4. There is still a chance that the property developer types will try
get a court interdict to stop tonight's meeting - as they have
threatened to do. Let's cross that bridge if we come to it.

5. Please copy and paste this message and send out to your networks!

Let’s Uncapture the Civic!

--

p.s. Just for clarity, I am not an office bearer of the Obs Civic
Association, just a recently signed-up member like many of you. If you
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-27 at 10.29.51.jpeg