Help

ogarrido

Jun 20, 2024, 6:36:57 AMJun 20
to obrien...@googlegroups.com

Hello group,

I'm so sorry in advance because this post is very personal.

My name is Onofre Garrido. I am 58 years old and make my living as a professional network engineer in Madrid (Spain), but my passion is what I do in my spare time, which is to be a luthier. So far, I have built classical guitars, and jazz guitars, and now I am passionate about building violins.

My profession has allowed me to have a family (wife and three children) and to live with dignity, but dedicating  my life to something that I have not been interested in for a long time has made me fall into a pit. I have depression and chronic migraines but also, to top it all off, Zegona has bought my company Vodafone Spain and they are going to lay off 1300 of a staff of 3000.

You may wonder why I am telling you my life story. I have concluded, together with my psychiatrist that I must make a radical change in my life, I do not know if temporary or permanent, and for that, I ask for your help.

I am looking for a place to go and to be able to work (without receiving anything in return). I speak English reasonably well. I am looking for a place where I can live in peace, walk, get peace of mind, work in what I like (as I said, for free), and recover the illusion of living.

I am open to anything. As an example, I can tell you that I spent three months in a home stay in Vancouver and it was probably one of the best times of my life. I know that Vancouver is a very expensive place to stay, but It's just an example, anywhere, in America, Europe, Australia, whatever could be a valid option for me. Something that is a dream for me would be to work as an apprentice in Cremona or in any luthier workshop in Italy or France or wherever.

Any contact I can call would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, sorry for the of topic and for using this group for a personal purpose. In any case thank you all in advance.