Crazy grain

Chuck Barnett

Jun 20, 2023, 12:05:50 AM6/20/23
to obrien...@googlegroups.com
This will be my third ukulele. Some crazy Koa. If I can bend these sides without breaking them I will consider myself a pretty blessed Grasshopper!

Chuck Barnett
425-530-0328
IMG_20230619_210444.jpg

Dick Fulco

Jun 20, 2023, 12:27:13 AM6/20/23
to obrien...@googlegroups.com
Nice wood Chuck!
Fingers crossed 🙂

Op di 20 jun. 2023 om 06:06 schreef Chuck Barnett <charles...@gmail.com>
This will be my third ukulele. Some crazy Koa. If I can bend these sides without breaking them I will consider myself a pretty blessed Grasshopper!

Chuck Barnett
425-530-0328

Chuck Barnett

Jun 21, 2023, 4:37:58 PM6/21/23
to jwshuter, obrien...@googlegroups.com
I was told this was Koa but it may be Walnut?  Any thoughts?

Chuck Barnett
425-530-0328

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023, 9:25 PM jwshuter <jwsh...@q.com> wrote:
Don"t get it too wet. Scooter

--
IMG_20230621_120240.jpg

JohnParchem

Jun 21, 2023, 4:51:12 PM6/21/23
to Robert O'Brien Guitar Building Forum
Does not have the colors I am used to in Hawaiian Koa  or any of the Acacia woods. It does look more like walnut to me. Lots of figure still.

jwshuter

Jun 21, 2023, 5:32:32 PM6/21/23
to Chuck Barnett, obrien-forum
Chuck, your wood could very well be some type of Walnut. As far as being Koa, my thoughts are it is not Koa. Scooter