[Obo-taxonomy] forbidden error when access term URLs

Xianhua Liu

Oct 25, 2010, 4:30:48 PM10/25/10
to obo-ta...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hello,

When I try to access the taxonomy term URL I got an 403 forbidden error. For example:

I am wondering if it is set up like this on purpose or just some server permission issue. It will be nice if the term url can be linked to the page with detail information about the term.

Thanks,

Xianhua

Xianhua Liu

NESCent - National Evolutionary Synthesis Center

Peter Midford

Oct 25, 2010, 4:59:38 PM10/25/10
to Xianhua Liu, obo-ta...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Xianhua,
                       The NCBI taxonomy as an OBO ontology has been deprecated.  Maybe Chris Mungall has some more to say about this.

Peter

Peter E. Midford
Mesquite Developer

Trish Whetzel

Oct 25, 2010, 5:55:40 PM10/25/10
to Peter Midford, Xianhua Liu, obo-ta...@lists.sourceforge.net
Does "OBO" refer to OBO Foundry, i.e. does the OBO Foundry no longer plan to generate PURLs for the NCBI Taxonomy?  If that is the case, we're able to generate these PURLs.

Trish

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378
whe...@stanford.edu
http://www.bioontology.org

Chris Mungall

Oct 25, 2010, 6:30:20 PM10/25/10

On Oct 25, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Peter Midford wrote:

> Hi Xianhua,
> The NCBI taxonomy as an OBO ontology has been
> deprecated. Maybe Chris Mungall has some more to say about this.

Umm, first I'd heard about this! NCBITaxon is in wide use. For example:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/11/530

In general the http://purl.org/obo are not resolvable to anything
sensible. The new http://purl.obolibrary.org ones will be

Peter Midford

Oct 25, 2010, 6:52:09 PM10/25/10
to Chris Mungall, Xianhua Liu, obo-ta...@lists.sourceforge.net
Chris,
The OBO file is there on the foundry, but the link to the OWL version on the foundry page is broken. It's good to have this back on the foundry.

Peter