Re: [OBO-Edit Working Group] GO-help email request: configuring JVM for Windows

Nomi Harris

Jun 2, 2011, 2:17:14 PM6/2/11
to mede...@gmail.com, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com, geneontology-oboe...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Alyona,

I will try to help you with this, but I don't have Windows. OEWG, have any of you on Windows installed the latest OBO-Edit? Any problems?

The first thing to do is make sure you have Java version 5 or 6 installed on your machine, because the error message you got suggests that you don't . You can download it from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Nomi

On May 31, 2011, at 5:00 PM, Eurie Hong wrote:

> --------
> WARNING: At least one of the links in the message below goes to an .exe file,
> which could be malicious. To learn how to protect yourself, please go here:
> http://www.lbl.gov/cyber/services/suspicious-links.html
> --------
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize these mailing lists for the OBO-Edit working group existed. Can someone help this user with a JVM error installing OBO-Edit on a windows machine? Email thread appended below.
>
> Please cc gohelp when responding. Thanks!
>
> Eurie
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Alyona Medelyan <mede...@gmail.com>
>> Date: May 31, 2011 2:45:19 PM PDT
>> To: Eurie Hong <euri...@stanford.edu>
>> Cc: go-on...@lists.stanford.edu, GO Help List <goh...@genome.stanford.edu>
>> Subject: Re: configuring JVM for Windows
>>
>> Hi Eurie,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick answer!
>>
>> I used this version:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geneontology/files/OBO-Edit%202%20%5BLatest%20versions%5D/oboedit-2.1beta13/oboedit_2_1_13_windows_install4j.exe
>>
>> I'm on Windows 7, 64bit.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alyona
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:21 AM, Eurie Hong <euri...@stanford.edu> wrote:
>>> Dear Alyona,
>>>
>>> Thank for writing to GO. I've cc'ed members of the GO Consortium who are familiar with OBO-edit so they can help debug your error.
>>>
>>> To help troubleshoot, could you provide the URL where you downloaded OBO-edit 2? In addition, could you provide the version of the operating system you are using.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Eurie
>>>

>>> *******************************************
>>> Eurie L. Hong, Ph.D.
>>> Scientific Curator
>>> Saccharomyces Genome Database: http://www.yeastgenome.org/
>>> Gene Ontology: http://www.geneontology.org/
>>> *******************************************

Alyona Medelyan

Jun 2, 2011, 5:28:55 PM6/2/11
to Nomi Harris, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com, geneontology-oboe...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Nomi,

I have Java installed, but it looks like I need to point OBO-Edit to
it somehow. What I'd like to know is where is the configuration or
settings file in that exe version.

Thanks,
Alyona

Eurie Hong