Change in gopubmed-ontology-generation-service-clients-jar-with-dependencies.jar stops obo2obo from printing output

Nomi Harris

Aug 18, 2011, 5:41:37 PM8/18/11
to Thomas Waechter, Heiko Dietze, OBO-Edit Developers Group, Nomi Harris
I was looking into this bug, https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=418257&aid=3388601&group_id=36855 (obo2obo no longer prints output as it runs)

I discovered that obo2obo (and presumably the other command-line obo scripts as well, though I haven't checked those) stopped printing output due to an update of one jar: runlibs/gopubmed-ontology-generation-service-clients-jar-with-dependencies.jar
This update was done on May 25 by Thomas Waechter:
http://geneontology.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geneontology/java/oboedit/trunk/lib/runlibs/gopubmed-ontology-generation-service-clients-jar-with-dependencies.jar?view=log

The new jar is quite a lot bigger than the old one, so I imagine a lot of things in it have changed.

Can you help me fix this problem?

Thanks,
Nomi

Thomas Waechter

Aug 19, 2011, 10:07:01 AM8/19/11
to Nomi Harris, Heiko Dietze, OBO-Edit Developers Group
Hallo,

the problem with the missing output was, that I changed in my own
log4j.properties the log level to ERROR. Previously OBO-Edit was overriding
this. Now the config for log4j is set in the OBOEdit.java, so that my properties
file had effects on obo2obo.

1. Regarding the missing output in obo2obo, I removed the log4j.properties from
the jar file and added specific rules for logging apache packages to OBOEdit.java

2. Regarding the size, I reduced the dependencies for the Axis2 service clients
as much as possible to less than half the previous size. Another 1.8Mb will be
removed as soon as I managed to rewrite the Ontology Lookup with axis2 rather
than axis.

3. For removing redundancy, I added my referenced libraries as single jars,
rather than one big unpacked jar I built with Maven.

I checked these changes in, but as the test had errors already, I cannot check
whether these changes had effects on other tested components.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,

Thomas

--
Thomas Waechter, Dipl.-Inf.
Bioinformatics Group (BIOTEC)

Phone: +49 (351) 463 40068
Email: waechter(at)biotec.tu-dresden.de-