COB: Core Ontology for Biology and Biomedicine 2021 workshop

Randi Vita

Jul 1, 2021, 6:24:34 PM7/1/21
to obo-d...@googlegroups.com
Save the date for the
COB: Core Ontology for Biology and Biomedicine 2021 workshop
https://icbo2021.inf.unibz.it/accepted-workshops/

as part of the
12th International Conference on Biomedical Ontologies (ICBO)
https://icbo2021.inf.unibz.it/

Date: September 14, 2021
Time: 7-11 am Pacific Time
Location: Virtual

COB brings together key terms from a wide range of OBO projects into a
single, small ontology that is meant to provide a shared upper layer
of terms that can be reused across OBO ontologies, and thereby improve
interoperability. The purpose of this workshop is to continue active
development of COB, taking advantage of the ICBO meeting to gather
together, in person, representatives from the diverse OBO Foundry
ontologies. We will provide instructions on how to align your ontology
with COB and receive reports on bridging incoherencies. We will work
together on terms in COB that are under active development, to ensure
that the term definitions meet the needs of different OBO projects.

OBO developers who attend the workshop are encouraged to prepare by
generating a release of their ontology built on top of COB, in order
to identify remaining issues. https://github.com/OBOFoundry/COB

More details to follow, watch the workshop website:
https://icbo2021.inf.unibz.it/accepted-workshops/

--
Randi Vita, M.D.
Lead Ontology and Quality Manager