[Obo-discuss] [CfP] DBpedia Day @ SEMANTiCS on Sep 13

DBpedia

Aug 11, 2022, 4:49:17 AM8/11/22
to obo-d...@lists.sourceforge.net

Dear all,

We are happy to announce that we will organize a DBpedia Meeting in Vienna, Austria. The DBpedia Day is part of the SEMANTiCS, Sep 13-15, and will be held on the first day of the conference on 13th of September 2022.

This year's topics: Linking and Consumption of Linked Data

Since 2007, DBpedia has been the hub of the Linked Open Data Cloud, the largest constantly updating knowledge graph on Earth using Linked Data principles.

By following the 62 million links published alongside the 6.5 million identifiers of the DBpedia Snapshot (https://www.dbpedia.org/blog/dbpedia-snapshot-2022-03-release/), our users could discover and consume more data from the web. Now in 2022, 15 years after the first release, we developed a way to scale up our identifier base into the billions to provide the glue for better linking and consumption of linked data. The main topics of the DBpedia Day will be twofold:

1. We would like to ask our industrial and academic members as well as the wider community to present the latest technology to discover, query, link, curate and consume Linked Data and Knowledge Graphs. If you would like to present at the DBpedia Day, please send an email to dbp...@infai.org.

2. We will introduce the Linkmaster 3000 https://tinyurl.com/linkmaster-3000-lswt (the new Open Online Link Curation Platform), the Global LD API, the Databus and the Global LD Browser to gather feedback.

 # Further Highlight

- Keynote presentation by Olaf Hartig (Linköping University) https://2022-eu.semantics.cc/users/olaf-hartig

# Quick Facts

- Web URL: https://www.dbpedia.org/events/dbpedia-day-semantics-2022/

- When: September 13, 2022

- Where: ARCOTEL Wimberger Wien, Neubaugürtel 34-36, Vienna, Austria and online

# Schedule

- Please check the schedule for the upcoming DBpedia Day on our event page.  https://www.dbpedia.org/events/dbpedia-day-semantics-2022/

# Tickets

- Please register on the SEMANTiCS website to be part of the meeting. You need to buy a ticket to join the DBpedia Day. https://2022-eu.semantics.cc/prices

# Organisation

- Julia Holze, InfAI, DBpedia Association

- Milan Dojchinovski, InfAI, DBpedia Association, CTU

- Sebastian Hellmann, InfAI, DBpedia Association

We are looking forward to meeting you!

Kind regards,

Julia

on behalf of the DBpedia Association