[Obo-anatomy] Ovarian anatomy nomenclature update

1 view

Richard Dann LeDuc

Jun 8, 2021, 2:21:47 PM6/8/21
to obo-a...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hello All,

The Ultra-short version of my question is, “Are we doing this the correct way.”

The longer version starts with, recently Veronica Gomez-Lobo, MD, the Director of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development has organized a series of workshops around standardizing the human ovary nomenclature. These workshops have been attended by between 20 and 40 clinicians and researchers with expertise in human ovaries, and by me a bioinformatician with an interest in FAIR data and supporting existing ontologies. The attendees have established three working subgroups on the topics of gross anatomy, sub anatomic structures and three-dimensional positioning.

We have several work products that we intend to produce including a peer-reviewed paper and a series of recommended changes to UberON and SNOMED-CT. The changes to UberON would take the form of a series of change requests submitted here: https://github.com/obophenotype/uberon/issues/.

My question is, “Does this seem like the correct way to proceed with submitting the requested changes to UberON or can someone recommend a better approach?”  Alternatively, if someone could recommend a better place to ask this question, I would appreciate hearing responses that also.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Rich

---------------------------
Richard LeDuc
Director of Computational Proteomics
Proteomics Center of Excellence
Northwestern University

Chris Mungall

Jun 8, 2021, 3:47:50 PM6/8/21
to Richard Dann LeDuc, obo-a...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Richard,

Yes, please use the tracker

I am not sure how many people read this list any more, the tracker or slack is often best for discusssions

You can also join #uberon on slack: