Re: Testing EasyMock with JDK 9 Early Access builds

Henri Tremblay

Jun 2, 2016, 11:02:46 AM6/2/16
to Rory O'Donnell, dalibor topic, objene...@googlegroups.com
Sure,

It will be a pleasure.

EasyMock
Contact: Henri Tremblay
Mailing list: easy...@yahoogroups.com (not really in use anymore. I prefer StackOverflow and Gitter)

Objenesis
Contact: Henri Tremblay

I already receive notification through the Java Champions mailing list so it might be enough.

On 2 June 2016 at 10:20, Rory O'Donnell <rory.o...@oracle.com> wrote:

Hi Henri,

Would you like us to list your Project on the Quality Outreach wiki here?
If yes, can you provide a contact name , mailing list etc.  ?

Secondly, would you like to receive regular updates regarding Early Access
builds for JDK 9 and JDK 8 updates. Emails are sent every 2-3 weeks depending
on contents of the builds, example attached.

Rgds, Rory

On 02/06/2016 00:10, Henri Tremblay wrote:
Hi,

Nice to hear from you.

I did try JDK9 with EasyMock and Objenesis. With a version including Jigsaw. From what I remember, everything was fine. I will do another test with the latest version and give you a full report.

Best,
Henri

On 1 June 2016 at 14:52, dalibor topic <dalibo...@oracle.com> wrote:
Hi Henri,

Rory (CC:ed) is the OpenJDK Quality Group Lead, and we're trying to get an idea about how much community testing is happening on JDK Early Access (EA) builds, and to encourage more of it to happen as part of our engagement in the Adoption Group in OpenJDK. You can find more about the Quality Outreach effort at [1] & [2].

Currently we're particularly interested in feedback on JDK 9, in particular in relation to the currently discussed changes around modularity. [0]

So I'm curious if you have had a chance to test your open source project with JDK 9 Early Access builds, and if you have run into any showstopper issues.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[0] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2016-March/006481.html
[1] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach
[2] https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/download/attachments/21430310/TheWisdomOfCrowdTestingOpenJDK.pdf
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Jun 3, 2016, 5:33:53 AM6/3/16