[OoR] can we add a subject prefix?

Matthew Rudy Jacobs

Oct 28, 2014, 8:19:33 AM10/28/14
to objects-...@googlegroups.com

Hey folks, I'm a long time lurker on this list.

I always like to read the threads on here, but there's one thing I dont like.

There's no subject prefix (or clan tag if you prefer)

I regard it as good practice for mailing lists to prefix their subjects.

Thereby I can quickly observe whether an email is sent directly or from a mailing list.

A good example is the London Ruby User Group, which prefixes all email subjects with "[LRUG]".

Or meetup, which prefixes all mailing list emails with a unique prefix. (eg "[ruby-6]" for the san Francisco ruby group)

Google Groups configuration lets you set this in the admin panel.

I'm tentatively suggesting "OoR", but anything is fine.

Cheers.

Erich Kaderka

Oct 28, 2014, 8:23:27 AM10/28/14
to objects-...@googlegroups.com