Refactoring towards an hexagonal arquiecture

Rafael George

Aug 6, 2013, 6:13:50 PM8/6/13
to objects-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I've been working on a OSS project lately; the people who started the project out used a lot of Rails generator for getting a bost on productivity and now I'm trying to get the code in a better shape so Rails doesn't slows us down in the long run.

My question is regarding what I've been doing on a controller; here is my progress on it:

https://gist.github.com/cored/6169170

I don't know to where this is going to lead me but it's seems that I will have a lot of small methods inside the controller which always is a good thing on my book, but what do you guys think about this refactor?

Rafael George

Aug 6, 2013, 6:36:26 PM8/6/13
to objects-...@googlegroups.com
Also how do you guys are testing this services ? It's seems that even there is logic inside them they doesn't do anything to test about the services doesn't even save state.

Benjamin Fleischer

Aug 6, 2013, 6:44:44 PM8/6/13
to objects-on-rails
What's the project? It's OSS right?