Hexagonal Rails Talk with Live example

Rafael George

Jul 12, 2013, 5:03:46 PM7/12/13
to objects-...@googlegroups.com
http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/ajax-ria/hexagonal-rails

Hi I just found this talk from Matt in which they do a live example on how to turn a messy not object oriented controller to a more modular hexagonal one. That's more or less the same thing I asked in another thread; where to start?

It's seems that's to get some work done quickly we must use the Rails way and then do some refactoring to get it like this, maybe not?

A guy in the audience ask the same thing; how can we go about abstracting ourselves from AR and persistence to have fast specs of our business logic within a Rails app, starting from scratch ? Matt answer was regarding creating a minimal mapper between some value objects to use as DTO's in his application using Virtus, is this the correct path to go alone? Any other suggestion regarding this?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Rafael George

Sep 17, 2013, 3:10:39 PM9/17/13
to objects-...@googlegroups.com