Double Click Not Working

Chris Vaught

Feb 2, 2018, 11:02:16 PM2/2/18
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I have an application with a very complex table view that doesn't trigger a double click event when using Chrome on Windows 10 with a high DPI display. It works without issue when using a non-High DPI display or when using a Mac with a retina display. It also works without issue when using Firefox on both Windows and Mac with a high DPI display. I have other table views that are less complex in the same application and double click works without issue. I'm not really sure how to fix this issue. It appears that when you simply click the table view there is a slight delay until the selection appears when using Chrome/Win/High-DPI but not during any of the other combinations. Thus, I suspect the double click isn't working due to a performance issue in Chrome. I suppose I could just wait and see if Chrome improves but I really would like to fix the issue since I have no idea if it will ever get better on the Chrome/Win/High-DPI combination.

Since I think it might be performance related I have attached a zip file with a performance profile recorded from Chrome/Mac/Retina and one from Chrome/Win/High-DPI. This illustrates the profile for both a successful double click (ChromeMac.json) and one where the double click did not occur (ChromeWindows.json). On the ChromeMac.json profile the double click attempt starts at 2604ms while on the ChromeWindows.json profile the double click attempt starts at 3150ms. I've looked at these profiles fairly closely but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. If someone could take a look and let me know if you think there is something I can do to fix this double click issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Chris
Archive.zip

daboe01

Feb 4, 2018, 4:29:18 AM2/4/18
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
try with chrome canary to see if your issue will be fixed with the upcoming updates.

Chris Vaught

Feb 5, 2018, 4:24:36 PM2/5/18
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
It is still an issue in Chrome Canary.

Martin Carlberg

Feb 6, 2018, 2:45:43 AM2/6/18
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As this is only on Win with Chrome on hi res display it will be hard to figure out.

I would add a lot of logging in the "mouseEvent:" method in the CPPlatformWindow+DOM.j file. Here is where the Cappuccino events are created as I understand. Might give you some clues what is happening.

- Martin

daboe01

Feb 6, 2018, 3:55:48 AM2/6/18
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
i am seeing something similar with chrome on retina mac.
in my case this is related to chrome deliberately dropping "setTimeout"s and "requestAnimationFrame"s under heavy load.