Serving cappuccino from a location other than the web root

Luke

May 22, 2019, 5:11:42 AM5/22/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Is it possible to serve a cappuccino app from a location other than /.(e.g. /client instead)?

Keary Suska

May 22, 2019, 9:57:06 AM5/22/19
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think Capp uses absolute paths, so as long as everything is installed together, it should work anywhere. I originally had my main app installed in an app/ subdirectory to separate it from the surrounding site, and I don’t recall any issues doing so.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> On May 22, 2019, at 3:11 AM, Luke <luke....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to serve a cappuccino app from a location other than /.(e.g. /client instead)?

Luke

May 22, 2019, 12:29:49 PM5/22/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Thanks Keary.

I'm loading index.html from a /client path, but I'm seeing 404s for info.plist and main.j (with a root URL).
I had changed the path for the lookup of the Objective-J.js in the index.html itself, so that is working.

Anyway, maybe some artifact of how my web server is configured, if this is otherwise known to work from any path.

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 6:57:06 AM UTC-7, Keary Suska wrote:
I don’t think Capp uses absolute paths, so as long as everything is installed together, it should work anywhere. I originally had my main app installed in an app/ subdirectory to separate it from the surrounding site, and I don’t recall any issues doing so.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> On May 22, 2019, at 3:11 AM, Luke <luke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to serve a cappuccino app from a location other than /.(e.g. /client instead)?

Luke

May 22, 2019, 1:57:34 PM5/22/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
...and it was indeed my issue.  My configuration was tortured - simplifying things had it loading correctly from the /client path.