(TableView cell) tooltips not working on Chrome

Luke

May 16, 2019, 7:18:06 PM5/16/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I've noticed that the expansion tooltips don't work on Chrome.
I was trying to figure that out (been sure that I'd seen them working fine) until it occurred to me that I might have seen them in Safari.
Sure enough, they work great in Safari, but not in the Chrome.

Is there some setting/style in Chrome that prevents the expansion tooltip mechanism from working?

Keary Suska

May 17, 2019, 10:55:06 AM5/17/19
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that this is not working for me either in Chrome, and it is trivially reproducible. I get a large number of errors in the latest Chrome regarding scroll wheel event detection, so maybe there was some event handling change that make a subtle difference.

I am only spitballing but I doubt there is any setting in Chrome that will affect this, as I think Capp uses its own process for tooltips. I think the best next step is to file a bug.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.