In-place editing of TableView cells

Luke

Apr 23, 2019, 4:24:19 PM4/23/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Was in-place cell editing in CPTableView ever implemented?

If so, it must be configured and/or behave differently to Cocoa, where I normally just have to editable state on the column (which is the default anyway I think).

Keary Suska

Apr 23, 2019, 6:03:47 PM4/23/19
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Yes, AFAIK, but I haven’t used it in a while. Should work much the same, using the delegate methods. Did you set the delegate and see if the delegate methods are being called? What behavior are you expecting that you aren’t seeing? Also, IIRC, note that view-based table views may not be editable by default, even when the column is flagged as editable.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> On Apr 23, 2019, at 2:24 PM, Luke <luke....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Was in-place cell editing in CPTableView ever implemented?
>
> If so, it must be configured and/or behave differently to Cocoa, where I normally just have to editable state on the column (which is the default anyway I think).

daboe01

Apr 24, 2019, 12:50:34 AM4/24/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J

Luke

Apr 24, 2019, 4:45:02 AM4/24/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Nice!  Thanks for the link.

My experience is that this doesn't work for view-based table cells at all.  I've got the editable flag on and I respond positively to the delegate callback, but no joy.
Conversely the old cell-based tables seem to work nicely.

Except...
I also used a content binding in my table and found the cells populated with little open curly braces, just like the second demo table in the textbook.
I actually thought I must have been doing something wrong (and resolved to try to figure out the mystery next) until I just saw the same thing there!

Martin Carlberg

Apr 24, 2019, 6:57:54 AM4/24/19
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi!

It can be that in-place cell editing on view based table view is not working by just checking the Editable checkbox on the column. If you need it please file an issue at https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/issues. Please explain in detail what behavior you are expecting.

If you only create a content binding on a cell based table view and the objects in your content array has properties (like a dictionary or business object) you will get the description of each object in all your columns. You have to bind each column to the right attribute. The content binding to the table view itself is not needed in this case. It looks like the TableBindings example is not setup correctly for the second cell based table view.

- Martin