I'm not a web developer at all. The closest I've ever come is using Cappuccino to develop one internal site back in 2011. I typically build test automation or simple apps in Objective-C. And I want to hire someone to do a super-simple backend for a website.
I want to throw together an interactive website quick. (Ideally have it live by the end of this weekend.) I know I can put together a UI in Cappuccino. But not being a web developer I have no idea how to create something for the backend to store the data. Here is what I need for backend functionality:
- Submit a record to be stored on server consisting of a title, a URL, a short description, an image, and a date/time (not submission time, but a user entered date/time).
- Submitted records go into a queue of records pending approval (or just stored along with all records with a flag for approved / unapproved).
- Fetch records pending approval. (Ideally authenticated, one single admin, but honestly even if this doesn't have authentication it'd probably be fine. Super low traffic demo site.)
- Ability to promote an unapproved record to approved.
- Ability to delete a record (approved or unapproved).
- Ability to fetch approved records (ideally sorted by the date/time value).
- Bonus: A call to delete all records where the the date/time value has passed (is now in the past), or maybe move these to a separate queue of past / archived records that can be fetched independently from the current approved list.
- This will be low-volume site, and the number of records will be several hundred to at most a few thousand.
So I want to make a little Cappuccino UI for that quick, but I don't want to deal with the back-end aspect of how that stuff gets stored server-side because that server-side aspect of the calls is totally out of the realm of my knowledge. Is anyone here available to hire to make something for the back-end to accomplish this that I can easily call from a Cappuccino web app? I'm open to whatever proposal you have for implementation details for that server-side part, as long as it's not something super specialized or that requires be to buy something extra expensive to host it. (This is for a simple low-volume site.)
Please e-mail me a price quote, a short description of what technologies you want to use to implement, what requirements that would have for hosting, and an estimate of how quickly you could provide this. Terms: payment by PayPal, 50% immediately, 50% on completion.