Theming CPWindow and CPToolbar

Alexander Ljungberg

Jun 12, 2012, 9:04:32 PM6/12/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

So an interesting question is how we should go about adding theming support to CPWindows and their CPToolbars. The theming system is a part of the CPView hierarchy but neither CPWindow nor CPToolbar are CPViews. They certainly use CPViews but they aren't themselves CPViews.

So where should these theme attributes be installed exactly?

The first idea that comes to mind is to implement the theme related methods on CPWindow and have them proxy to the window's internal window view. Since the window view is a different view for standard, HUD, borderless and doc modal windows each one would need to be themed independently (instead of using theme states).

Once CPWindows can be themed, I imagine we'd make the toolbar theme attributes a part of the CPWindow's set of attributes since the look of a toolbar is closely coupled with the look of the window chrome as a whole.

Thoughts? Are there other ideas out there?

Alexander