Narwhal-JSC working on Linux

walisser

Nov 27, 2011, 7:19:15 PM11/27/11
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
* also posted to narwhaljs list but it seems to be pretty dead lately
*

This uses webkit-gtk, to get the browser environment. Only a few lines
were needed to initialize it.

http://github.com/walisser/narwhal-jsc (fork of 280north/narwhal-jsc)

To compile you will first need a webkit development package for
example on Ubuntu 11.10
> apt-get install libwebkitgtk-3.0

Then compile it!
> cd narwhal/packages
> git clone git://github.com/walisser/narwhal-jsc
> cd narwhal-jsc
> ./configure
> make jscore or make webkit
> export NARWHAL_ENGINE=jsc (put in your .profile later)

The webkit and jscore targets work. They also work on both Mac OS X
and Linux. I did not do any work on the jscocoa or webkit-debug
targets, those are probably broken. I used it to compile Cappuccino
(for verification) and it works.

Tom Robinson

Dec 9, 2011, 8:48:43 PM12/9/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks! I'll try to take a look and merge this in, hopefully soon.