Lion Like ScrollView

Antoine Mercadal

Oct 3, 2011, 5:34:27 PM10/3/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm working on a port of Lion-like scrollbars (no fancy bounce effect for now)

It's still a work in progress, but you can look at it here http://nightlies.archipelproject.org/scrollview/

The question is: do you want scrollers like this in Cappuccino (I'm working on adding the different styles, no auto hide etc...)

Thanks,

--
Antoine Mercadal

Ignacio Cases

Oct 3, 2011, 5:37:26 PM10/3/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
+1

Cheers,

-Ignacio

Aparajita Fishman

Oct 3, 2011, 5:40:15 PM10/3/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
+1

Magnifique!

Regards,

Aparajita
www.aparajitaworld.com

"If you dare to fail, you are bound to succeed."
- Sri Chinmoy | www.srichinmoy.org

Antoine Mercadal

Oct 4, 2011, 8:39:29 AM10/4/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I need some additional brains:

http://nightlies.archipelproject.org/scrollview/

This works pretty fine. But one thing I can't figure out:
When you change the scroller style (using the well named button), there is an offset that is exactly the -scrollerSize.

By running the debugger, I see that the offset appears right here: https://github.com/primalmotion/cappuccino/blob/lionscrollview/AppKit/CPScrollView.j#L976

But the frame seems to have a correct origin (1,1), as taking care of the border.

As a note, if I initialize my view directly with the legacy mode (scrollers always visible) it works fine, but in that case, it's the overlay mode that has an offset of +scrollerSize

I have to admit I may have the head in it for too long I can't see clearly, but I can't find any clue about this.

--
Antoine Mercadal