nib2cib issues

ichar

Apr 24, 2012, 9:02:05 AM4/24/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with nib2cib converter that is driving me nuts. It is excactly the same problem as this guy had here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/objectivej/uLOQor4mtlo/pwrEYZOvB7QJ I tried all the solutions mentioned there, but no luck...

In short, every time I try to convert a .xib file it always creates a different .cib file. 8 out of 10 times it produces an unusable file. When I put that file in the project and refresh the browser I get one or more of the following errors:
  • In a CPTabView the tabs are disconnected from the buttons. This means that I see a random tab, but when I press the buttons nothing happens. However if I press the tab button of the tab I am currently looking at, it resizes it's contents to fit the view (Before I click the button they have the design size).
  • CPInvalidArgumentException: CPScroller does not contain theme attribute 'scroller-width'
  • CPInvalidArgumentException: CPScroller does not contain theme attribute 'knob-inset'
Retrying the conversion many times solves the issue, but it's really annoying to convert the same file 20 times until I get something that works...
I also noticed that this irregularity happens only on files that when processed, nib2cib complains with:

Warning: converting character 0x1b to base64 representation

I am using:
(Cappuccino was installed through a bootstrap script from the Archipel project. The script downloaded the zipball mentioned above)
I have also attached my problematic xib.

Any thoughts?

And I also have a question -out of curiosity- for the ones who know how nib2cib works in detail... how come every time I convert the same .xib file, the .cib file is completely different? (Even different size). Does it store some persistent information somewhere? Does it have any randomization source? Or is it just a race condition somewhere?

I am not sure if I am missing something, or if I am doing something wrong, since I have never used the Interface Builder before...

Thanks in advance
workflow.xib

Aparajita Fishman

May 2, 2012, 8:04:57 PM5/2/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Please post this on objec...@googlegroups.com.
> --
> <workflow.xib>

Regards,

Aparajita

ichar

May 3, 2012, 6:29:24 AM5/3/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I realized that kind of late :/ - Reposted in the correct place
Thanks for the reply.