Weird issue after OSX 10.6.8 Update

ichar

May 2, 2012, 4:24:56 PM5/2/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Today a really weird thing happened to me... I just accepted to install the latest updates on my snow leopard, but after the install I realized that I was not able to run jake any more. I scraped the narwhal, jsc, cappuccino directories and re-installed everything but it didn't help. I keep getting a TypeError: Type error error no matter what I try to jake.

The things the patch istalled are:
  • MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update v2.8
  • iTunes v10.6.1
  • Security Update 2012-001 v1.1
  • Apple Software Installer Update v1.0
  • Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 8 v8.0
  • Safari v5.1.5
  • Application Loader v2.5.1
Plus some driver updates for my printer

I am using Cappuccino v0.9.6

Does anyone have the same issue?
Do you have any pointers?

Aparajita Fishman

May 2, 2012, 8:00:00 PM5/2/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Did you install node.js using homebrew? Apparently that totally messes up JavascriptCore with Safari 5.1.5.
Regards,

Aparajita
Cappuccino Core Developer

Aparajita Fishman

May 2, 2012, 8:04:34 PM5/2/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
BTW, this belongs on the objectivej list. objectivej-dev is for discussion about modifying Cappuccino itself.

On May 2, 2012, at 1:24 PM, ichar wrote:

> --

Regards,

Aparajita

ichar

May 3, 2012, 6:41:56 AM5/3/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
I am using the bootstrap script of cappuccino to install Narwhal + JavaScriptCore engine. I an not using node.js.

(Sorry again for the repost :/ I reposted it on the objectivej group)