Is a one-step capp+node install in the works?

bamwu

Jan 8, 2021, 6:51:15 PM1/8/21
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
I'm an Obj-C lifer who's been assigned a cross-platform project at work where Electron/Cappuccino is looking like the way to go... but I'm stuck just trying to get the dev environment set up.

The official cappuccino instructions for getting the node runtime working in Cappuccino fail to complete.

I'm looking into that now, but I was curious if the Cappuccino team is looking into making it more straight-forward to get a node-friendly cappuccino environment installed and ready to use in one step (e.g.: './bootstrap.sh --node' or something like that).

Thanks.

bamwu

Jan 9, 2021, 11:14:25 AM1/9/21
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
If this should be in the general group, let me know so I can delete it here and re-post it there.

Ross Boucher

Jan 9, 2021, 11:15:04 AM1/9/21
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
I don't think anyone uses this list anymore, so yeah I would try over there.