Cappuccino 0.9.2 Last Additions

Alexander Ljungberg

Nov 7, 2011, 6:05:41 PM11/7/11
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
Hello everyone.

The 0.9.2 release branch has been made and is available here:

https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/tree/0.9.2a

Please test it and let us know if there are any major errors or omissions. Also if there are any last minute pull requests which should be considered, this is the time to mention them. We are already working on getting XcodeCapp 2.0 in there so you don't need to bring that up.

Thanks,
Alexander

Bruce Doan

Nov 7, 2011, 9:38:38 PM11/7/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
+1

Does build bug on Linux fixed in this release?

Mike Fellows

Nov 7, 2011, 9:42:41 PM11/7/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
The master branch from 3 or 4 weeks ago built fine for me on Linux so
unless a bug has been introduced since then it should build fine. Check
out the current master and give it a try.

Best,
Mike

On 11-11-07 09:38 PM, Bruce Doan wrote:
> +1
>
> Does build bug on Linux fixed in this release?
>

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Alexander Ljungberg<stil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> The 0.9.2 release branch has been made and is available here:
>>
>> https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/tree/0.9.2a
>>
>> Please test it and let us know if there are any major errors or omissions. Also if there are any last minute pull requests which should be considered, this is the time to mention them. We are already working on getting XcodeCapp 2.0 in there so you don't need to bring that up.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alexander

Mike Fellows

Nov 9, 2011, 3:06:45 PM11/9/11
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
I don't know if these are strong reasons to include these pull
requests in the upcoming release, but I've been using the code changes
from these two requests since they were submitted and had no ill
effects:

https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/pull/1382
https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/pull/1372

They do fix the issues outlined in the requests and I'd recommend them
for inclusion.

Also I have been using the fix from scottrice outlined in this issue
for about three months:

https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/issues/1019

The fix works fine and does fix the problem in IE for the most part.
I haven't had time to really examine why. I did ask the author of the
fix to put a pull request together and he indicated to me that he
would try to do that, don't think he got around to it though. I think
it would be worth pulling it in from his commit directly. Probably be
a good idea for someone who understands the keycode stuff to have a
look first though.

Best,
Mike

Alexander Ljungberg

Nov 9, 2011, 3:51:44 PM11/9/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
I have merged in 1382. Randy, how do you feel about 1372?

Randy Luecke

Nov 9, 2011, 4:29:34 PM11/9/11
to Cappuccino & Objective-J Development List
I like the idea, but unless I'm missing something... it doesn't cover
variable row height at all.

I suppose go ahead and merge it, but we should think about how to
handle the situation of variable rows

Alexander Ljungberg

Nov 9, 2011, 8:01:12 PM11/9/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
I have merged the Internet Explorer key equivalents fix as well.

If we aren't sure about 1372 let's leave it out for now.

Mike Fellows

Nov 11, 2011, 11:35:08 AM11/11/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Nice cleanup of the IE key equivalent fixes Alexander. I am traveling
and won't be able to test them until next week, but I'll let you know if
I see any problems then.

Mike

Mike Fellows

Nov 15, 2011, 7:48:57 PM11/15/11
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
I've tested key equivalents with the latest master branch on IE7, 8 and
9. Everything works great. Thanks again for putting that fix in.

Best,
Mike