flickr aunthetication

App Dev

Aug 17, 2010, 6:18:49 AM8/17/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

       Iam using the following code for  flickr authentication.

 flickrRequest = [[OFFlickrAPIRequest alloc] initWithAPIContext:[self flickrContext]];
NSURL *loginURL = [flickrContext loginURLFromFrobDictionary:nil requestedPermission:OFFlickrWritePermission];
 [[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:loginURL];

But Iam not able to view the login page instead  safari  got launched with the  URL and it disappeared. Is there any alternative for flickr authentication. I would like  to enter the user name and pasword for flickr service.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
appdev

Jerome Decq

Aug 17, 2010, 10:14:17 AM8/17/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
I suspect your app is already authorised. Hence the safari opening up and then switching back to your app.
You can  deauthorise the app on the account you test to verify my assumption.

Jérôme Decq
Pro: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeromedecq
Perso: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/

App Dev

Aug 18, 2010, 2:44:26 AM8/18/10
to objectiveflickr
Could you please send me sample code for de -authorization of the
application.I tried the SnapAndRun application on iphone SDK 3.1.3 and
3.2. For iPhone SDK 3.1. 3 the authetication was done properly for the
first time ans when I launched the application second time i got the
fickr services page.For iPhone SDK 3.2 I am unable to view the login
Page. I just want to de-authorize the application before safari was
launched.

Could you please help me in solving this issue.

Regards,
appdev
> > objectiveflic...@googlegroups.com<objectiveflickr%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Jerome Decq

Aug 19, 2010, 4:07:35 AM8/19/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
You cannot programmatically de-authorize.
It needs to be an action from the user of the app.
He can do that at the following URL: http://www.flickr.com/services/auth/revoke.gne?token=xxxxx

To understand the details of the authorization workflow, you can read: http://code.flickr.com/blog/2009/11/19/building-authorized-flickr-apps-for-the-iphone/

Jérôme