UIApplicationDelegate handleOpenURL problem

J3G

Jul 20, 2010, 6:08:27 PM7/20/10
to objectiveflickr
The whole flickr authentication model seems to work fine. My
application calls safari, the fiickr permission page is presented and
upon clicking "ok, i'll authorize it" it returns to my application.
BUT the handleOpenURL delegate is never called so I can't get the
frob.

Any advice or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Charlie Mezak

Jul 20, 2010, 10:48:25 PM7/20/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com, objectiveflickr
Have you made sure that you're implementing the method with the right signature (name & arguments)?

Sent from my iPad

Jason Broyles

Jul 20, 2010, 10:54:08 PM7/20/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com

Jason Broyles

J3G

Jul 21, 2010, 11:09:02 AM7/21/10
to objectiveflickr
thank you for the suggestions Charlie and Jason.

After carefully looking over the example iphone code of SnapAndRun, I
noticed the handleOpenURL function was located in the
SnapAndRunAppDelegate.m class. I had my handleOpenURL function located
in a random custom class I had created to manage the flickr account.
So I moved handleOpenURL function to FooBarAppDelegate.m class (FooBar
being my applications name) and it magically worked. Apparently
XXXAppDelegate.m is a special class? I don't have an explanation but
it solved my problem.

Jerome Decq

Jul 21, 2010, 3:22:02 PM7/21/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is the application delegate!

Jérôme Decq
Pro: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeromedecq
Perso: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/

J3G

Jul 22, 2010, 8:59:34 AM7/22/10
to objectiveflickr
yes, I can now see how this could be a requirement. And I am new to
iphone development. BUT to my defense no where did I read of this
requirement. I'll have to look at Apple's official docs on
handleOpenURL but it never jumped out at me before. This requirement
is also never mentioned in the objectiveflickr docs. Just one of those
things one learns while "hacking" on iphone dev.