Post Image to Flickr Set?

DenVog

Jan 12, 2010, 12:53:57 PM1/12/10
to objectiveflickr
Is there a way to use the objectiveflickr / Flickr API so that photos
are uploaded to a predefined Set?

Right now, I am successfully using the example code to upload a photo
from the iPhone camera to a top level photo Stream. I need the photo
to appear in one of the existing photo Sets, as opposed to the top
level Stream.

I've gone through the Flickr API docs, but I don't see anything
allowing Set granularity. Perhaps it's as easy as forming a more
specific URL, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks for any guidance.

Tim Parkinson

Jan 12, 2010, 2:13:27 PM1/12/10
to objectiveflickr
Hi,

If I read your mail correctly you're after an uploaded photo not
appearing at all in the photostream and only in a set? Sets in flickr
don't exactly work that way, they aren't like filesystem folders.
Think of the photostream as a list of all the photos for a user. Sets
are just a just a group of photos within that list.

If I've gotten what you're after wrong, the API call to add a photo to
a set is: http://www.flickr.com/services/api/flickr.photosets.addPhoto.html.

Tim.

2010/1/12 DenVog <acco...@denvog.com>:

Jerome Decq

Jan 12, 2010, 1:28:53 PM1/12/10
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is not possible to upload at once to a specific set. Yet, after uploading a photo to the photostream, you get the id of the photo, whcih can be then added to a specific set. This is what the Flickr Uploadr is doing.

Jerome

Jérôme Decq
Pro: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeromedecq
Perso: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lesphotosdejerome/