Java 8 will reach end of support on 2024-01-30 for App Engine Legacy Environment

Tony Park

Apr 13, 2023, 8:41:40 PM4/13/23
to objectify-appengine
According to this documentation https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/lifecycle/support-schedule Java 8 will reach end of support on 2024-01-30 for App Engine Legacy Environment.

This means that App Engine projects on Java 8 will need to migrate to Java 11. Are there any foreseen issues with objectify and Java 11?

If I migrate my App Engine project to Java 11, will objectify work normally?
Message has been deleted

Tony Park

Apr 13, 2023, 10:52:37 PM4/13/23
to objectify-appengine
Edit: I am using Objectify 6

Jeff Schnitzer

Apr 13, 2023, 11:05:07 PM4/13/23
to objectify...@googlegroups.com
Many folks are using Objectify v6 with versions of Java >= 11.

I don't know of anyone offhand using v5 with Java > 8, but if Google's legacy API compatibility layer works as advertised, it shouldn't be a problem.

Jeff

Tony Park

Apr 13, 2023, 11:06:42 PM4/13/23
to objectify-appengine
Good to hear. Thank you.

Stefano Ciccarelli

Apr 14, 2023, 12:46:27 AM4/14/23
to objectify-appengine
We are using objectify 3.x with Java 11 and everything is working perfectly.